AEWG-58: Meeting Announcement
The 58th Conference will be held in
Philadelphia, PA, USA
May 22 - 25, 2016
AEWG general meetings are open to all interested individuals.
This site (www.aewg.org) hosts latest information for the
upcoming AEWG meeting.
Also provided for free
download is the Journal of AE
(JAE), all editions since Volume 1 to 31,
The AEWG is inviting submission
of abstracts for the presentations at the meeting.
as well as contents
and index information, searchable for word/term/author!
Topics will cover all the areas
of acoustic emission research, development and applications,
including but not limited to:
- Special session on wave propagation of AE source
mechanisms (chaired by Dr. Marvin Hamstad)
- Special session on AE for composites (chaired by Dr.
- Special session on Advances in AE instrumentation and
sensors (chaired by Mark Carlos)
- Special session on AE for materials/structure damage
mechanics (chaired by Dr. Antonios Kontsos)
- Special session on AE applications for large scale
structural testing (chaired by David Kosnik)
- Novel signal processing approaches
- Material research, fracture and fatigue failure
- Geosciences and rock mechanics
- Orthopedics and biomechanics
- Manufacturing applications
- Diagnostic techniques & procedures
- Codes and standards development
- AE theories, methods, validation and verification
Tentative workshop themes:
- New Acoustic Emission instrumentation, data processing
and nondestructive/structural health monitoring applications
- Use of Acoustic Emission for materials/structural damage
monitoring and identification
- Analytical, numerical and computational modeling as well
as validation of Acoustic Emission source and wave
- Extended Deadline for Abstract Submission: February 1st,
- Acceptance Notification: February 15th,
- Registration Deadline: April 15th,
May 22-25, 2016
Agenda as of 2016/03/22
Registration Deadline: April 15, 2016
Use this link to register:
Note that all your meals (breakfast, lunch
and dinner) for the duration of the meeting are
projected to be covered with the registration cost
thanks to all our vendor contributions and the
financial support offered by Drexel University.
Students are encouraged to submit a paper for
Student Award Competition consideration.
College of Engineering
Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia (Sonesta.com/Philadelphia).
For reservations at the negotiated low rate use
Drexel - AEWG-58 Meeting until April 1st,
Call For Abstracts:
Meeting Host Dr.
Antonios Kontsos sincerely
invites the submission of abstracts to be presented at
the upcoming conference:
- The deadline for submission: February 1st,
Acceptance Notification: February 15th,
- Please email your paper to:
- The language used in this event is English, so
please write your paper in English.
- Please email an abstract for your paper in 100-300
words together with your paper.
- Please attach the following personal information in
Author’s name, organization, address, phone number
and email address.
- The author will be notified within one month after
submission of the papers.
||years passed since the first meeting of Acoustic Emission Working
Group (AEWG) was held in Idaho Falls, on February 8, 1968.
|AEWG had its beginning in a discussion between Allen T. Green (then at Aerojet-General Corp.,
now at Acoustic Technology Group) and Jack Spanner (then at Battelle Northwest).
Spanner arranged for a formative meeting of interested parties to be held in
Alcoa, TN, on November 2, 1967.
The 12 people in attendance agreed to hold the
first meeting in Idaho Falls in three months. At that time, eight others (T.
Theodore Anderson, Thomas F. Drouilliard, Robert B. Engle. Robert G. Liptai,
O.K. Mitchell, R. Neal Ord. Ronald E. Ringsmith and Richard K. Steele) joined to
become the charter members of the AEWG.
The photo is
from the AEWG formative meeting; top, from left Robert Moss. Boeing Scientific
Research Lab. (Seattle) ·deceased; Dwight Parry, Phillips Petroleum (Idaho
Falls); Norm K. Sowards, Same; Harold Dunegan, Lawrence Radillion Lab.
(Livermore); Brad H. Schofield, Teledyne Materials Research. (Waltham); Phil H.
Hutton. Battelle Northwest (Richland); Allen Green. Aerojet-General Corp.
(Sacramento); Herb N. Pederson. Battelle-Northwest (Richland); bottom, from
left; Charles Musser, Boeing Michaud (New Orleans)- deceased; Jack Spanner,
Battelle-Northwest (Richland)· Julian Frederick. Univ. of Michigan (Ann Arbor)
-deceased; Not in picture, Harvey Balderson. Boeing Commercial Aircraft;
deceased. Baldemm took this picture. Also invited to the meeting, but not
attended: C. Hartbower, Aerojet-General. W .R. Sturrock. Boeing. C. Tatto,
Lawrence Radiation Lab.
More historic pictures...